Buy and read books with Kelo by creating your very own in-house digital library so you never carry, lose or damage your titles.
Buy or rent books easily with our many secured payment options including debit or credit card, gift vouchers, EFT and Kelo Credits.
Have the option to buy and own a digital copy, chapters, physical books or rent for 12 or 24 months and pay a fraction of the price.
Join the Kelo Virtual Book-Club to access supplementary material, collaborate on projects and be part of the conversation with likeminded #SmartReaders
Use the Kelo interactive e-reader to highlight, make notes, record audio, search and look up words or phrases and create bookmarks as you learn.
Kelo allows you to send credits and vouchers via text or email or buy books for your loved ones so they too can join #TheSmartRead Community.
Established in 2014, Blankett Tech is a multi-award winning organisation that has from conception remained committed to driving innovation that moves Africa forward.
Kelo is Africa’s first all-in-one interactive digital library and bookstore giving you access to an extensive collection of African and international titles on print and digital for purchase or rental.
#TheSmartRead Community is an inclusive market place for readers, publishers, authors and institutions across the continent and the world.
At Kelo, we are inspired by the transformative potential of digital learning to connect people, inspire and empower the individual.
Marketing And Communication Capacities
Kelo gives you the ability to communicate with users which have bought, sampled, added to cart or wish listed your books to better engage your clients through the Kelo store, e-reader and book-club.
M & E Reporting & Back-End Data Analytics
Track, restrict and set a budget for beneficiary book allowance spending while reviewing and reporting on beneficiary consumption and reading patterns.
Go Digital And Create Your Own Kelo Library
Reduce the risk of Covid-19 contamination from physical book sharing by giving your learners access to a customizable digital library with pre-selected titles.
Restrict And Monitor Your Book Spend With Kelo Schools
Kelo offers you a white labelled version where you can pre-select titles for your school, register students, restrict and monitor spend on credit budget or number of books per learner while monitoring usage & comprehension
Employee Professional / SD & ED Packages
Kelo allows you to create a company account and register your employees and ED partners by allocating your ED/SD spend to Kelo credits for academic and professional development titles.
Save Money and Time by Going Digital
Bulk buy credits at reduced rates for departments, public libraries, communities or schools and take advantage of our large-scale, cost-efficient instant distribution channel available on and offline.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Information Officer
We have gone to great lengths to prevent ﬁle sharing and tampering of any kind and ensure your copyright and IP is protected at all times and that you get a fair share of the revenue.
Books are stored in our app’s cache memory and never downloaded directly onto the user’s storage which means it can never be shared or opened outside the Kelo app.
Don’t settle for a slice when you can have the bulk of the pie, at Kelo we only retain 25% of the retail price on all products and the rest of the 75% gets passed on to the publisher / author.
Every month we have a different theme where we celebrate and highlight different issues, conversations and books including politics, history, education and current affairs.